The Association of Unemployment Tax Organizations
The Association of Unemployment Tax Organizations is composed of members who provide unemployment compensation management services to employers throughout the United States. As professionals in unemployment insurance cost management, we develop and implement standards that serve American employers and employees by protecting and improving the U.S. Unemployment Insurance system.
The principal objectives and purposes of AUTO are:
1. To promote, protect and improve the integrity, administration and operation of the unemployment compensation system for employers, who finance the UI system.
2. To promote, protect and improve the ability of AUTO members to represent employers in unemployment compensation matters.
3. To provide a forum to discuss, consider and deal with Industry issues and problems, and the unemployment compensation system; and to pursue activities that will enable members to achieve improved results and efficiencies.
The following standards represent the qualities of business practice and ethical standards of practice to which members subscribe. Member shall:
1. Conduct business affairs with integrity and lawful purpose.
2. Serve the best interests of each client with fidelity.
3. Accept engagements only for matters in which the member is competent and able to perform services that will substantially benefit the client.
4. Respect all information relating to the business affairs of its clients as confidential.
5. Present its qualifications to the public by communications which are not false or misleading.
6. Uphold the dignity of the industry and broaden public understanding, acceptance and regard for the industry
7. Constantly promote the best interests of all stakeholders in the Unemployment Insurance System.